Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Happy Thought

Fireflies are beautiful.

I usually don't think about them much, but I have a friend from the West cost who says that they don't have fireflies out there. They're one of his favorite things about the Midwest.

Think about it.

They fly slow and close to the ground so little kids can catch them.

They're pretty, and virtually useless.

God made them just for us to enjoy.

Really says something about God, dosen't it?

He makes pretty, useless things for us everyday.

Fireflies, music, sunsets, mountains, stars.

He loves us with an immense, never tiring love, and he wants us to enjoy the life he's given us.

I have this image in my head of a little kid running up to its parent holding a drawing or something and saying, "Look what I made for you! Isn't it pretty?"

But instead it's the Father running to us, a smile on his face, saying, "Look what I made. It's just for you. Isn't it pretty?"

It is.

No comments:

Post a Comment