Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pink.

I'm happy today. :)

After an extremely rough summer, I'm grateful (and slightly amazed) that I can say this.

Today wasn't anything exceptional. I'm just happy. 

I was sitting on my floor today listening to Run, Forever and flipping through old sketchbooks, feeling more at peace than I have in a long time.

I called my sister in another state and wished her a happy birthday.
After which, I cried for about twenty minutes because I miss her.
But it was good.

I sat and sorted through my art supplies with more excitement than I've managed to have in months.
Excitement about making art. Drawing beautiful pictures. The color pink. What magic I would be able to create if I had a pink marker!
Excitement . . . about life! Being alive!

I'm happy today.
God is good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment